The Center will consider requests for funding to support travel of students, postdocs and faculty to attend scientific conferences or to enroll in specialized courses or workshops outside of Cornell. The activity should be important to the education or professional advancement of the applicant in the area of vertebrate genomics. The Center will also proactively seek to support attendance at key conferences that represent the interests of the Center.
Standard travel award amounts are $500.
- The traveler must belong to a lab whose PI is an active CVG faculty member.
- Travel awards require PI approval.
- There is a limit of one travel award per PI lab per fiscal year, until funds are exhausted. Each new fiscal year starts July 1st.
Requests for funding will be reviewed three times per year. You must send your request according to the due date table below. Applications will be held, reviewed and award decisions made approximately five days after the due date. To request funding, please send an email (include your name in the subject line) with the following information to: email@example.com.
- Traveler's name, Traveler's position, PI's name
- Dates and titles of the conference/workshop
- Travel Purpose: Briefly describe (limit 100 words) the importance of the meeting for your research and training in vertebrate genomics and indicate if a presentation (poster or talk) will be given. Clear genomic relevance is required for requests to be prioritized for funding.
- Estimated travel costs (transportation, registration, lodging etc)
- Traveler's last conference attended (title and date)
You must apply for CVG travel awards PRIOR to travel, before the due date listed below:
|MONTH OF YOUR PLANNED TRAVEL||CVG TRAVEL APPLICATION DUE DATE|
|March, April, May, June 2018||Feb 12th, 2018|
|July, August, September 2018||May 31st, 2018|
|October, November, December 2018, Jan, Feb 2019||September 10th, 2018|